The real price of failure to diagnose cancer cannot be measured by the cost of your medical treatment and other care, your loss of income, or any of the other monetary losses you suffer. The real price you pay is the lost chance of beating the cancer. The anguish of knowing, you could have lived a full life, were it not for a medical mistake. The physical pain and suffering caused by the cancer itself, as well as the aggressive and invasive treatments you may now have to endure. If you have been harmed by failure to diagnose cancer, or lost a loved one to an early death as a result of diagnostic error, an experienced medical malpractice lawyer can help you get justice.
Medical Malpractice and Failure to Diagnose Cancer
Failure to diagnose, delayed diagnosis, and misdiagnosis of cancer can be the result of many medical errors including:
- Not acknowledging or responding to symptoms or warning signs reported by patient
- Failure to recognize or respond to risk factors
- Failure to recognize or respond to early warning signs
- Choosing not to recommend the appropriate tests due to financial concerns
- Improper blood or tissue sampling
- Laboratory error
- Improper reading of test results
- Failure to follow up with patient
Proving the medical negligence was involved in your delayed diagnosis can be very difficult. You will need the help of an experienced medical malpractice attorney in your state. Please do not wait until it is too late to take legal action. Contact us today to be connected to an experienced medical malpractice lawyer in your state.