If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, illness, or death as a result of negligent healthcare you should seek the advice of an experienced medical malpractice attorney right away! US Medical Malpractice Lawyers has experienced lawyers located across the country who are available to represent the victims of serious injuries and wrongful death resulting from medical malpractice, neglect, and negligence. Our medical malpractice attorneys are experienced, successful and dedicated to protecting the rights of their clients.
Following a medical malpractice incident, your life may change drastically, such as a temporary or permanent inability to work, physical and emotional pain, and expensive medical bills. Hiring an experienced and successful medical malpractice lawyer is an important decision, as it can make the difference between a successful outcome and an unsuccessful outcome. This page is provided to give you some helpful hints on hiring the attorney that is right for you.
What to avoid when you need to hire a Medical Malpractice Injury Lawyer
Many people do not know where to find a skilled and qualified attorney who can aggressively represent their case. The following are some common mistakes that people make when choosing an attorney:
- Malpractice lawyer referral from a friend: Your friend probably had a different legal situation compared to yours, requiring different attributes in an attorney, which may not be what you need to recover monetary compensation for your injuries.
- Finding a medical malpractice lawyer in the yellow-pages: Yellow pages are impersonal and do not give you the background information that you need to hire a competent medical malpractice attorney.
- Choosing an attorney because the office is local: Convenience should not be more significant than skill, professionalism, compassion, and the ability to effectively represent your case. You should find an attorney who has all of the qualities that are needed for a successful outcome in your case.
- Choosing an inexperienced medical malpractice attorney: Your attorney should be up to date with current laws and cases regarding all areas of medical malpractice law. Your lawyer should have the knowledge to answer questions quickly and effortlessly.
- Choosing the first lawyer that you speak to: Give yourself a chance to speak to a few different attorneys and see what they have to offer. Choosing a medical malpractice lawyer is an important decision that needs to be made with a lot of consideration, you do not need to settle on the first lawyer that you speak with.
How to Choose the Right Medical Malpractice Attorney
When you are involved in a legal matter you should hire an experienced attorney that you feel meets your needs. The medical malpractice attorney that you choose should be a person that is experienced and that you feel comfortable with. Remember that you and your lawyer will be spending a great deal of time together, so compatibility is essential. The following are some characteristics that you should look for when choosing a medical malpractice attorney:
- Choose a lawyer who has experience in negligent healthcare lawsuits.
- Choose an attorney that has successful case results.
- Choose a lawyer that has positive testimonials from previous clients.
- Choose an attorney who has the time and resources to represent your medical malpractice claim.
- Choose a lawyer who takes continuing education classes.
- Choose an attorney who provides aggressive representation.
- Choose a lawyer who will meet with you personally for the initial consultation.
- Choose an attorney with reasonable fees.
- Choose a lawyer that you are confident will represent your case with the skills necessary, and encompasses all of the characteristics that you think are important in an medical malpractice attorney.
10 Questions to Ask an Medical Malpractice Lawyer BEFORE Hiring
When you are choosing a lawyer you may ask him or her case-related questions that will help you decide if they are the right attorney for you. He or she should be willing and able to answer your questions and inform you of any pertinent issues that may help your case.
- Does the attorney practice medical malpractice law?
- Does the lawyer have experience successfully representing cases that are similar to my case?
- How long has the attorney been practicing medical malpractice law?
- Is the lawyer associated with any reputable law associations?
- Has the attorney successfully settled many cases on behalf of his or her clients?
- Do former clients have positive statements to make in regards to the experience with their lawyer?
- Does the lawyer provide a free initial consultation?
- Will the attorney explain the legal process and all aspects of your case to you?
- Does the lawyer have the time and staff to adequately represent your legal matter?
- Does the attorney typically represent plaintiffs (injured party) or defendants (negligent party)?
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured by a doctor or other medical provider, please e-mail or call us at 1-877-LOSS RECOVER (567-7732) today to speak with a medical malpractice attorney near you.